Thursday, November 26, 2009

D'Esposito Martino in www.rezodesign.com




D'Esposito Martino

Sometimes feeling a bit alien in this world, I'm not afraid to re-explore common objects and I often wonder around, astounded by the things surrounding me, it's my malicious pleasure to reinterpret things my own way. Thus, from an
automated computer to a drainage street cover, a coffee machine or just a vase, my interests and ambitions don't value one direction over another but evolve according to the opportunities, wills and people I meet along the way.
After a childhood spent in the Middle East, I settled in Switzerland and studied decoration at first and product design later on, trying to make a living out of my love for communication by using three dimensional objects. The starting point was the ECAL show at the Salone Satellite in Milan in 2001 presenting a limited edition of Earthquake- proof Tables. This concept offered me to take part of two temporary exhibitions at the MoMA in New York in 2006 and
2008. I try to present every year new designs and concepts in shows and fairs around the world. Besides my part time job as design teacher at ECAL University, I opened my studio in the very central-Europe city of Lausanne in 2006, working
since then for different brands such as Droog, Ligne Roset, Cinna, Ewo, Convergence or Neweba with my friend and collaborator Alexandre Gaillard.

No comments:

Post a Comment